Senior Python Developer
Senior Python Developers
The Jonah Group is seeking Python Developers with 4+ years experience who will design and develop professional solutions for a customer developing wealth management solutions for investment advisors.
What we do...
Jonah has a track record of producing high-quality systems in the banking, auto finance, capital markets, healthcare, insurance, and pension industries. We design and build high-performing enterprise solutions with emphasis placed on robust architecture and a great user experience. Here at Jonah, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute your technical expertise alongside a team of software specialists who are (also) passionate about what they do.
What you’ll do...
- Actively contribute in agile project teams during scrums, sprint planning, code reviews
- Develop, maintain, and integrate software systems and applications
- Deliver strong technical design and Python programming skills
- Articulate technical issues to peers, architects and project managers while recommending creative solutions
- Ensure application quality and guard against regressions by maintaining test suites covering the breadth of system features
Your preferred profile...
- Proficient with core Python and experience with the Django framework
- Experience designing data models and managing database migrations
- Experience maintaining REST APIs for application integration
- Experience with Docker containerization and managing deployments to AWS or other cloud vendors is an asset
- Experience integrating with 3rd party custody providers (i.e. Fidelity Clearing Canada) is an asset
- Experience developing client onboarding with KYC/AML compliance and digital signing is an asset
- Full stack candidates will have demonstrate experience with modern front-end technologies such as TypeScript, HTML, CSS and frameworks such as ReactJS, NextJS, AngularJS, Vue.js
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering with a thorough understanding of fundamental theory relevant to application development
- More senior candidates will have demonstrated technical team leadership skills, including the ability to assume responsibility for delivering the project, and to keep a small team of developers engaged and efficient
What sets you apart...
- You are professional and fun to work with
- You write clean code
- You are collaborative
- You are able to adapt to diverse client environments
- You are empathetic to customer needs
- You have a track record of great teamwork
- You are able to work well independently
What you’ll like about working at Jonah...
- Family-friendly benefits and vacation time
- Annual training budget and professional development
- The flexibility of a software consulting environment; project variety, adapting to new business domains, and building complex applications
- Ability to flex your creativity muscle, and have your opinions heard
- A work culture where you’ll look forward to coming in every day
- Flexibility to work from home or our downtown Toronto location (easily accessible by public transit)
We want to thank all individuals who apply and will be contacting suitably qualified applicants as soon as we can.
Please apply directly to: