Inter/Senior Full-Stack Java Developer
The Jonah Group is looking for a Full-Stack Java Developer to join our team! Using the modern Java stack, you will be working alongside accomplished tech professionals to build custom, high-quality solutions for clients, and drive progress in an agile environment.
What We Do:
Jonah has produced high-quality systems for the banking, auto finance, capital markets, health insurance, and pension plan industries (to name a few). We design and build high-performing enterprise solutions with emphasis placed on great user experience, robust architecture, and a perfect fit. Here at Jonah, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute your technical expertise alongside a team of software specialists who are passionate about what they do.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, maintain, and integrate coding for various client software systems and applications
- Deliver strong technical design and programming skills throughout the full Java stack
- Communicate technical problems to peers, architects and project managers while recommending creative solutions
- Contribute to a migration project moving an application from Oracle to SQL server.
- Be a member of small, collaborative groups, with the opportunity to own your contributions as well as support your team
Your Preferred Profile:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering with a thorough understanding of CS fundamentals and theory relevant to application development
- Hands-on experience with client-server architecture as well as Object-Oriented Programming concepts and design patterns
- Prior experience designing and implementing multi-threaded and multi-process large scale systems
- Strong knowledge of all tiers used in modern architecture (front-end, mid-tier, RESTful web services, messaging, data tier)
- Working knowledge with a modern front-end framework, such as ReactJS or Angular
- Experience with databases and implementing scripts and stored procedures - Oracle, MySQL experience is considered an asset.
- MS SQL exp is a must have.
- Technical team leadership skills, including the ability to assume responsibility for delivering the project, and to keep a small team of developers occupied and efficient
What Sets You Apart:
- Experience Angular (1.x to 8), ReactJS,
- Working with Oracle in a migration project.
- The ability to produce beautiful interfaces that make it easy for users to complete their work
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing client environments
- A track record of great teamwork and the ability to work independently drive projects to completion
What You’ll Like About Working Here:
- Family-friendly benefits and vacation time
- Annual training budget and professional development for contract/fulltime employees
- The flexibility of a software consulting environment; project variety, adapting to new business domains, and building complex applications
- Ability to flex your creativity muscle, and have your opinions heard
- A work culture where you’ll look forward to coming in every day
- Downtown Toronto location (easily accessible by public transit)
We’ll keep your information on file (honest!) for that fateful day when preparation and opportunity collide, and together we will unleash your awesome skills on our next new project. We want to thank all individuals who apply and will be contacting suitably qualified applicants as soon as we can.
Please apply directly to: