Cloud DevOps Engineer
The Jonah Group is looking for Cloud+DevOps Engineers to design and develop custom cloud solutions and establish DevOps best practices.
What we do...
Jonah has a track record of producing high-quality systems in the banking, auto finance, capital markets, healthcare, insurance, and pension industries. We design and build high-performing enterprise solutions with emphasis placed on robust architecture and a great user experience. Here at Jonah, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute your technical expertise alongside a team of software specialists who are (also) passionate about what they do.
What you’ll do...
- Research and design cloud native and cloud specific solutions that are fit-for-purpose
- Estimate effort and cost to deliver cloud infrastructure and DevOps pipelines
- Apply DevSecOps principles implemented across a variety of modern DevOps tooling
- Collaborate with software developers and IT teams
- Take ownership of build, release, and configuration management of production systems
- Configure monitoring solutions to support forensic analysis and automated healthchecks
- Troubleshoot issues across various platform, network, and application domains
- Maintain processes, documentation, and procedural runbooks while promoting automation of manual processes
- Make recommendations for continuous systems and process improvements
Your preferred profile...
- 5+ years of DevOps experience maintaining large-scale infrastructure, supporting production workloads, code deployment
- pipelines and configuration management
- 2+ years of experience supporting cloud deployments in at least one of AWS or Azure or Google
- Experience maintaining DevOps pipelines with technologies such as Gitlab, GitHub, Jenkins, Azure DevOps
- Experience integrating static code and container analysis tools such as Snyk and SonarQube
- Experience maintaing k8s deployments that leverage Docker, Skaffold, Helm and other tooling
- Experience with scripting languages, configuration management and Infrastructure as Code tooling like Python, Shell, Terraform, Ansible
- Experience configuring Kubernetes clusters with RBACs, shared and isolated namespaces, stateful sets, persistent volume claims, etc.
- Experience administering git and other version control softwares
What sets you apart...
- You understand the fundamentals of network engineering
- You have demonstrable experience in at least one major cloud provider and on-prem environments
- You are an evangelist of DevSecOps culture and continuous improvement
- You are professional and fun to work with
- You write clean code
- You are collaborative
- You are able to adapt to diverse client environments
- You are empathetic to customer needs
- You have a track record of great teamwork
- You are able to work well independently
What you’ll like about working at Jonah...
- Family-friendly benefits and vacation time
- Annual training budget and professional development
- The flexibility of a software consulting environment; project variety, adapting to new business domains, and building complex applications
- Ability to flex your creativity muscle, and have your opinions heard
- A work culture where you’ll look forward to coming in every day
- Flexibility to work from home or our downtown Toronto location (easily accessible by public transit)
We want to thank all individuals who apply and will be contacting suitably qualified applicants as soon as we can.
Please use the link below to apply: