Accessibility at Jonah Group
Jonah Group is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence.
The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 supports the establishment of an accessible Ontario by 2025. Jonah Group's policies, procedures and plans are consistent with the requirements of the Act, and will be reviewed and updated regularly to help remove barriers and increase accessibility for persons with disabilities.
The jonahgroup.com website has been designed to be WCAG 2.0 level A compliant and meets the Province of Ontario's Accessible Information and Communications Standard (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005). In accordance with the WCAG 2.0 Guidelines, the Jonah Group website uses best practices and industry standards aimed at providing a high level of accessibility for our visitors.
In alignment with the WCAG 2.0 Guidelines, the Jonah Group aims to ensure our website meets certain criteria, including but not limited to the following:
- Cascading Style Sheets (or CSS) have been used to control the visual display of the website and is compatible with screen readers. If your browser is unable to use style sheets, the information within our site will still be accessible.
- Text alternatives for any non-text content such as images and buttons
- Page titles that adequately describe content
- The use of ALT tags so that images on the site contain a text description that can be read aloud by screen readers.
- Font-sizes use relative units of measurement so that text scales both larger and smaller easily and consistently, without breaking the site.
- Support people who navigate via keyboard, for example using the Tab key instead of a mouse
- Proper use of colour so that all information conveyed via colours is readable for those who are colour blind and there is adequate contrast between foreground and background.
- Multiple ways to navigate and find content, including navigation menus, keyword search, hyperlinks and breadcrumbs
- Website content is structured via heading tags (H1, H2 … H6) to provide structure and hierarchy. Some screen readers can cycle through the headings on any given web page by pressing the 'H' key on your keyboard. You may cycle backwards through the headings by pressing both the 'Shift' and letter 'H' keys together.
- Link text or phrases are written to make sense when read aloud by a screen reader.
- Form errors are identified with text
- Works with the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Edge, and Safari
- Continuously responsive to various screen sizes and resolutions
- Compliant with W3C guidelines
Jonah Group recognizes that there are circumstances where it is not practical to present content in an accessible format. As a result, barriers to accessibility exist. In these cases, best efforts are used to provide people with an alternative. Jonah Group will monitor these areas and make an effort to provide accessible solutions as technology improves.
These exceptions include:
- iFramed content such as Google Maps
- 3rd party vendor web applications such as Hubspot and Google Analytics
- Presentation content where making the content accessible would impede the ability of the content to achieve its intended purpose.
- PDF content: our whitepapers are meant to be downloadable, and are thus presented in PDF format only. Text content can be made available on request.
- RSS feeds
Jonah Group welcomes feedback with respect to the delivery of its services to persons with disabilities and will use such feedback to continuously improve. Feedback may be provided directly to the Jonah Group in person, by phone, or in writing, addressed to Human Resources via email, mail or fax:
The Jonah Group, Ltd.
461 King Street West, 3rd Floor
Toronto, Ontario M5V 1K4
Phone: (416) 304-0860
Fax: (416) email@example.com